Interview with Author Ekamdeep Singh

First of all, I would like to welcome you in the literary world. Being capable of expressing feelings in the form of words is itself an achievement. Here, at Word Curd we would like to express your feelings and experience as a writer, reader and as a human.


And now as you have entered this world, how do you feel being a member of it?
You know, I had never thought of becoming an author. It just happened accidentally. I was near about 12 when I got my first book published. I had always been creative in different fields and writing gave me that stability to focus on what I actually want to do. Yes of course, it feels really great and special being a part of 'the Literature world' and called as an author.


What made you think your book is different from others? What makes your book special that reader should pick it?
'Out of the Blue' is a kind of a story that very intensely connects the reader. It deals with love, prevalence of jealousy and lust, significance of family, and most importantly sacrificing everything for the person who is most important to you in your life.
I always wanted to write something that deals with different expressions, genres and sentiments and 'Out of the Blue' is one like that. It is an adventurous story for people who like dark suspense and breathtaking ventures. It gives a sip of romance, malice and lust to the typical romantic digesters and has a lots of twists and turns as one expects from the title itself. Most importantly, being a teenage reader, I know the kind of stuff that is liked by the readers of my age and I have tried to justify that in my second book.


While writing this book what were your expectations from the book? Were you sure that this book could give wings to your writing career?
When I started writing the novel, I just had an incomplete story in my mind. Indeed, I wasn't even sure that I would be able to complete it. And even after getting the book published and that too from Leadstart, I was still not confident of the book and the response from my readers. Of course, I want my books to reach different book lovers and get appreciated. I think this is the most positive success of an author.


What do you think of writing as a career? What importance does literature plays in your life?
I have never seen writing as the only career in my life. It can be considered as a sideline which I have never taken as a way of getting popular and successful. Writing a story on a paper is not a very difficult job and I feel that a person who loves writing just need to have a soft heart and intense feeling for everything that happens around him.
Yes, Literature is a kind of my daily routine which helps me to interact with different situations and most importantly, it is a way through which I can share my thoughts with different people who are actually strangers to me. Sometimes, you cannot speak everything that is in your heart and mind and writing the same thoughts on a paper or typing it on a typewriter makes you feel free and happy and that's what I call is the 'magic of Literature.'


What according to you is the best way to connect to readers? Words shooting from heart, an extraordinary story or something else?
I am also a book lover and according to me the best way to connect the readers is first of all your sense of interaction with them and way of expressing your story in front of them. This communication is very important for an author and what else is more powerful than a great story to achieve it? A good story attracts you but the way an author expresses the story depicts his individuality and presses upon the readers to continue reading the book from the introduction till the end. So both are equally very important to make a book 'a good book.'


Now as your debut book arrives in the market, what do you expect from your readers?
In fact, very few people know that 'Out of the Blue' is my second book. My debut novel is 'An Outrageous Vengeance.' Expectations of a person, who does some work, are always positive. For an author, getting appreciated for the content and for the work is the most important thing. The people those who have read the book, including famous book critics, have appreciated the work and I am looking forward to a good response from all my readers.


When you were in the initial phase of the writing journey, what obstacles you faced as a debutant author?
You know, when we start something new and creative in our life, it is the fact that we do face problems initially because of the lack of experience and knowledge about the particular field. There were many problems that I had to face. But I think getting your book published from a reputed publishing company is a way tougher job than writing hundred pages of a novel. And it becomes even more difficult when you do not have anything to say about your education except that you are just 12 and studying in eight standard! Obviously, when you have some credits of earlier published works and some literary fields, it becomes easier for you to successfully pitch a good publisher.


What you think is the purpose of your writing? What difference does writing makes to your life?
If not writing, then what?
As I said before, writing is a medium through which I can share my thoughts with different people. It is something that has helped me to focus on what actually makes me happy and what I actually want to do. Even a few pages of a good story affects you deeply. Only Literature can do that! Writing, according to me , is not my only choice in life.  I think I am going right way, pursuing my education in medicine because I feel that it is only education that never ends and just keeps on nourishing you.


Does at any stage you feel like leaving the script in the halfway. Who would you like to give the credit of being a constant inspirer?
Many times! And actually this thought comes in my mind when I am tired of thinking of a story and nothing productive comes in my mind! I have two of my works that I have already shelved and I hope to continue with my present work.
My constant inspiration, as a writer, are all the authors who have written a piece of Literature and added another golden feather to this literary field. As a good human being and a hardworking person, I am inspired by my parents who have been the backbone of my success.


Last, but most important question readers would want to know- Are you working on another book? If yes, how different is this from your last work?
I am not actually working on any novel right now. I am thinking to start something good as soon as I get a different content in my mind. Currently, I am experimenting different things in writing field and I hope to reveal it soon at the right time, if everything goes well with God's grace. 




Thank you for sparing your precious time!
We hope you enjoyed the session.
Team WordCurd!

Wordcurd

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment